The 3 best ways to store and organize your receipts
Even though we are living in a digital world, so many stores still use physical receipts and you need these receipts to use customer service.
Why might you need receipts?
- Return the product
- Claim a warranty
- Use customer service
- Take care of your taxes
- Proof of transaction
The biggest issue with these small papers is keeping them well organized specially for the long term. Organizing the receipts is a very time-consuming and daunting task and many people do not have enough time to do that and, eventually, they always end up losing their receipts.
There are different methods to store and keep. Here are a few tips to give you some ideas.
1. Using a Binder or Organizer to store receipts
A simple and old-fashioned way is storing your paper receipts in a binder with labeled dividers. You can sort them by category, name, or date and write on each label. It’s probably one of the easy-access methods of all time. Weekly you should make time to go through your receipts and manage them, don’t let them pile up, so you won’t miss out on anything.
The issue with binders is that:
- You cannot access these binders everywhere
- They could get lost
- The ink on the receipt paper might fades away over time
- They will be difficult to organize long-term
- Finding the right receipt may become a challenge
2. Storing the receipts in Jars or Envelopes
Another easy DIY technique is to keep them in a couple of jars or just one large jar or box and put a handwritten label on each to sort them or you can simply keep them in different envelopes and write on the back of each one.
It is not a very organized method, so at the end you will have a mess of unorganized receipts. Can you imagine what a hassle it can be if your laptop suddenly stops working and you have to look through envelopes one by one as you are already under stress?
3. The most optimal method: Your Smartphone
Today, newer methods have emerged that are more accessible.
Using smartphones as a personal assistant and storing receipts electronically is the best way to do so.
Our mobile application called “HouseHood” can do exactly that and save you a lot of time.
- It’s easy to use and way more efficient to organize and store your receipts. With “HouseHood”
- You can scan and save all your receipts using your phone’s camera and never lose any of them again.
- You always can submit a claim on your assets to prevent loss and save money at the same time.
- We will notify you if the warranty date is coming to a close to prevent further concerns.
- You can use “HouseHood” on multiple devices
- If your phone crashes or you change your smartphone you can restore your receipts by your account in your new device.
These are all good ways to store valuable paper receipts and keep track of your warranty's time limit. Try out these methods and find the best one that suits you.