Primary Cosmetics return policy
You surely have heard the term "return policy" before, but what's the definition exactly?
Return policies are the rules a retailer establishes to manage the conditions under which the customer can return and exchange an item or get a refund for purchased merchandise.
We are about to explain the cosmetics return policies. The health products rules are different from other products like clothing or electronics and each company has its own particular policy
In general, if the item is unwrapped from its original packaging, the seller will not take it back.
We inspect three famous brands here:
- Estée Lauder
In addition, determine what you need to do to get through the returning process without any complications.
Lancôme Return Policy
Lancôme, one of the world's leading luxury beauty brands, was founded in 1935 by Armand Petitjean in France. Lancome's primary mission is to provide the best cosmetic products and make all women happier by combining French spirit and elegance to make them more beautiful.
If you ever bought a product from Lancome online store, had a change of mind, and wanted to return the item to get a full refund, it is better to know their return policies to ease the process:
- Your return request should be within 28-30 days from the date of delivery (different countries may vary)
- Complete the information requested on the Return Form attached to the bottom of your invoice
- Pack the return items in the original packaging, if possible, along with the Return Form
- Peel off the Return Label and adhere it to the package
- Returned packages must be returned prepaid to the address on the return label
- Returning foundations and fragrances are free
If you need to report a defective, incorrect, or missing product, contact Lancôme Customer Service.
For further information about shipping and returns, you can visit here.
Estée Lauder Return Policy
In 1946 Estée Lauder and her husband Joseph officially launched The Estee Lauder Cosmetic Company. They started with only four skincare products, and throughout the years, they expanded their business. Now it has many brands in its sub-category.
In case you purchased a product from Estee Lauder's online store, and for any reason, you were not completely satisfied, you can simply return the unused portion and get a full refund or exchange for another item. Here are some tips and instructions you need to know for returns and exchanges:
- You can return your order within 1 year of the purchase date (if purchased online)
- Returning cost is absolutely free
- Print the Return Label from your email and fill out the form
- Pack the returning products into a box also, send the original invoice (if you have one) with it and put the prepaid label on it, then take it to any UPS location or request a pickup
- The product purchased online is not accepted at the Estee Lauder store
- Cards and eGift Cards cannot be returned or exchanged
Once the returning package is received, it will be processed within 7-10 business days.
If you received the wrong product, damaged items, or wanted to exchange a gift without the gift-giver knowing, contact Estee Lauder Customer Care.
Guerlain Return Policy
Guerlain was founded by perfumer Pierre-Francois-Pascal Guerlain in 1828. Guerlain is a luxury cosmetic brand and one of the more affordable ones. It is famous for perfumes, skincare, and makeup products.
Guerlain would like its customers to be pleased with their purchase, and they gladly refund items under some conditions. Here are some essential tips for returning an item bought from Guerlain online stores:
- You can return your order within 30 days of order receipt
- Any unopened or gently used products are eligible for a return
- The product should be in its original packaging
- You should complete the Return Form available to download in your account and place it inside the return package
- Personalize fragrances are not accepted for returns
- Returned packages must be returned prepaid
- Products purchased from the online shop cannot be exchanged or returned in-store
If all of the above conditions are met, you can easily get a refund but remember that Guerlain reserves the right to deny returns for products that do not meet the return policy requirements.
For more additional information, you can visit Guerlain FAQ.
Dior Return Policy
If you ever purchased an item from a Dior online store or boutique and wanted to return, exchange, or get a refund, here are some essential tips:
- You can return any order within 30 days of receiving it.
- The product must be returned in perfect condition in its original packaging, along with any accompanying accessories
- Should be offered Documents and tags provided for sending your order, as well as the receipt.
- The cost of returning your order is free, subject to a limit of one return shipment per order.
Once the item has been returned, your refund will be initiated depending on the method of payment you used earlier.
o Card payments will be reimbursed within 14 days of receipt of the items by Dior
o Bank transferred payments will take a little longer.
If one of your purchased items is damaged or the product delivered is not what you ordered, you must contact the Client Service Center.
Note: if you purchased a product on Dior online boutique, it might not be returned at a Dior boutique or at an authorized Dior Dealer and vice versa.
For more additional information about the terms of return, exchange, and refund, you can visit the general terms on the Dior website.
Chanel Return Policy
The launch of the first Chanel perfume was in 1920, the famous Chanel N°5. After four years, their first makeup collection was launched. The collection contained powders and lipsticks.
Chanel cosmetic products are luxurious, chic, and known for their superior quality and innovative formulas.
Suppose you ever bought a product from Chanel's online store, and for some reason, you wanted to return or exchange the item. In that case, it is better to know their return policies to ease the process:
- You can return your order within 14 days from the day of shipment
- The product must be unused and in its original packaging
- You have to fill out the return form
- The company includes a prepaid mailing label in your package, so you are not charged with any cost for returning.
- Sealed products that have been opened are not eligible for refund due to hygiene and safety reasons
If all of the above conditions are met, you can easily reimburse the returned items.
For further information about Chanel e-commerce policies, you can visit here.
Sephora Return Policy
Sephora is one of the most famous cosmetic chain shops around the world. It was founded in 1970 and is currently based in Paris. Sephora has over 2700 stores in 35 countries worldwide.
The founder, Dominique Mandonnaud, wanted to make a place for customers to try out the products and give samples before making a purchase, an idea almost no one had heard before.
Sephora's first online shop was launched in the US in 1999. Though the customers cannot benefit from the in-store sampling program, with the store's detailed return policy, shopping on Sephora.com is a pleasant experience.
The company is known for its flexible return policies, including complete reimbursements, store credit, or exchanges. Here is an abstract of Sephora shops return and exchange policies:
- You can return your order within 60 days of purchase
- You better include the Sephora original packaging papers with your items
- You have to pack your return item in the manufacturer's box and Sephora packaging; if you don't have the original package, pack your item in a well-padded box to prevent damage in the transfer process
- You have to print the Prepaid Return Label or request a printless FedEx Mobile Return Code from the link provided on Sephora.com
After following the conditions above:
- You can drop off your order at one of the specified FedEx locations and track your return on the Sephora website. You will receive a confirmation email when your return is processed.
- It usually takes up to 30 days to process returns and credit your account or to issue an online store credit.
- You can also go to any Sephora store to return the item purchased from Sephora.com or a third-party marketplace. Remember to also bring the debit or credit card you used to place your order.
- If you want to return a Sephora gift and you do not wish for the refund to go to the purchaser, make sure to call Sephora customer service before mailing the product. Your refund will be in the form of online store credit, which you can use at any time.
For more additional information, you can visit Customer Service Help.
Now that we explored different shop’s return policies, we found out they all have a few conditions in common; one of those conditions is having proof of purchase or the receipt. You can use the HouseHood application to scan and store your receipts for returning an item.